Characters List

服务员: 裴闻天
王朋: 郑翰飞
李友: 温雅南

The script:

王朋 is an American tourist who is visiting his friend, 李友, in China. 李友 says that there is a new restaurant in town that has the best tofu. 王朋 says that he likes tofu and would like to go there to eat. The two go to this restaurant and are greeted by the waiter. The two are then seated by the waiter and the two look at the menu. The waiter then asks them what they would like to drink. 王朋 wants ice tea while 李友 wants a cup of water. While the waiter is getting the drinks ready, the two discuss the food at the restaurant. 王朋 says that the tofu is very expensive and suggests that they order dumplings (which is cheaper). 李友 says that he still wants to have tofu, so he suggests that they order both tofu and dumplings. The two agree and they wait for the waiter to return. 李友 tells the waiter that they want tofu and dumplings but the waiter says that they are sold out of tofu. 李友 is sad and reluctantly says that they will have just dumplings tonight. 王朋 says that he heard that the dumplings are also good at that restaurant as well.

(the waiter comes back to the table)
服务员:你们好,二位想吃点什么?
(Hello, what would you like to order)
王朋:uhhhh,我们不知道想点什么。

服务员:要你们现在不想点菜,你们要不要喝点什么?
(If you haven't decided on your orders, would you like something to drink?)

王朋:是!我要一杯冰茶,李友你呢?
(Yes! I want some iced tea, What about you?)

李友: 我要一杯水。
(I would like a cup of water).

服务员:好吧,你们要点菜时叫一下我。
(Very well, if you wish to order something call for me.)*exits*

王朋:谢谢李友,访问中国很有非常愉快和容易。
(Thanks LiYou, visiting China has been made very easy and enjoyable)

李友:好!你喜欢吃点什么?
(Good! What would you like to eat?)

王朋:我想吃豆腐因为豆腐没有肉。这豆也腐看起来很好吃。
(I want tofu because it doesn't have any meat, also because the tofu here looks delicious.)

李友:这里的豆腐太贵了,还是点饺子,不但好吃而且便宜。
(The tofu here is too expensive, how about we get the dumplings, they're good and cheap.)

王朋:但是我还想吃豆腐。
(But I really want to eat tofu.)

李友:要是你真想吃豆腐那没问题。
(If you really want to have to tofu then it's not an issue.)

服务员:你们两个想点什么?
(What would you two like to order?)

李友:我们要一盘豆腐和一盘饺子。
(We would like a dish of dumplings and a dish of tofu.)

服务员:对不起, 豆腐刚完了。
(I'm sorry, the tofu was just sold out.)

王朋:真糟糕,我们还只吃饺子吧。
(Dang it, well we might as well just eat the dumplings.)

李友:没问题,我听说这里的饺子很好吃!
(Don't worry, I've heard the the dumplings here are delicious!)

服务员:你还想点什么菜?
(Would you like to order anything else?)

李友:服务员,这里有什么特色菜?
(Waiter, what are the feature dishes here?)

服务员:我们有红烧肉,土豆丝,凉拌面,和牛肉汤.
(We have red braised pork, potato slivers, stir cold noodles, and beef soup.)

李友:王朋,你想吃点什么?
(Wang Peng, what would you like to order?)

王朋:我要红烧肉和牛肉汤。
(I want the red braised pork and the beef soup.)

李友:好,服务员我们想要盘豆腐,一盘红烧肉,和两碗牛肉汤。
(Okay, waiter we would like one tofu dish, one red braised pork dish, and two bowls of beef soup.)

服务员:你要不要米饭?
(Would you like rice?)

李友:王朋,你要不要一碗饭?
(Wang Peng, would like some rice?)

王朋:我不要饭。
(I don't want rice.)

李友:好吧,服务员只要一碗饭。
(Alright, waiter we would like only one bowl of rice.)

服务员:好,要你还要点菜叫一下我。
(Okay, if you want anything else call for me.)

After the Meal

王朋:太饱了,吃不下跟多菜。
(I'm stuffed, I can't eat anymore.)

李友:我也吃饱了,服务员,我们要打包
(I'm also full, waiter we would like to pack this food.)

服务员:好,我吧单子放在这里。
(Alright, I'll leave the bill here.)

王朋:糟糕,我玩了我的钱包在家里。
(Dang it! I forgot my wallet at home.)

李友:没问题,我能买单。
(No worries, I'll pay the bill.)

王朋:我真不好意思。
(This is so shameful of me).

李友:没事,下一次你买单.
(No problem, you can pay the bill next time.)